Thursday, March 27, 2014

First Aid Kit

It's always a good idea to carry a first aid kit with you when you are outdoors. They can be useful and be used to help treat anything from a twisted ankle, scrape, cut, or even bug bites and stings. You can find several capable first aid kits everywhere from Walmart to Cabela's but you should always go through the kit and add or subtract things that you think you might need for your particular situation.


This is my First Aid Kit that I keep in my camping/outdoors bag. It started out as an Adventure Medical Kits - Steelhead model, but I have added a few things that I thought might be useful. These include Benadryl, Chapstick, an emergency blanket, a water filter, water sanitation tablets, a lighter and several other small items.

If you start out with a commercial kit, and then customize it to suit your needs, you should be ready for nearly anything you might encounter.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment